Welcome

Glad all ya all could stop by my blog be sure to follow me and I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cow Clean-Up

If i can make one suggestion: don't raise cattle. You put a lot of time and effort into raising them and a whole lotta cash as well, what do you get out of it though? Knowing that somehow this helps you become a better person, yeah right. If this helps to better myself than surely proclaiming myself the king of midgets would make it so. But it doesn't, all I'm left with is a couple a blisters on my hands, dirty shoes, and knowing that I just forked 300 lbs. of cow manure. In the end it is hard to make a profit too because I spend $250 on a half ton of feed every month and a half and my calf is only going to fetch about $1200 at auction. Don't get me wrong though, I love cows, they are the same as huge dogs. Something funny about my calf is that if you go out into the pasture and he sees you, he will get super mad and jump all around in his pin. Raising cattle is fun but it is hard work if you want to raise cattle I suggest putting on an open range so that you don't have to do clean-up. On a side note I saw a crane in my papa's creek.

What I'm listening to: More than a Feeling by Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment